Wednesday, November 01, 2006

November Reading Challenge

I've decided to take on Kailana's November Reading Challenge. This challenge involves reading novels set in WWI or WWII as the 11th of November is Armistice Day. It has inspired me to read a couple of novels that have been sitting on the shelf for a while.

So many people have told me that Pat Barker's 'Regeneration Trilogy' ('Regeneration', 'The Eye in the Door' and 'The Ghost Road') is fantastic that it's about time I read it. And it's also a slightly sneaky way to knock over three books. I'll also revisit 'All Quiet on the Western Front' because it's been a while.

That's my pathetically short list (but a realistic one given that I have lots of student reports to write this month). I'll add to it if time permits!

2 comments:

Kailana said...

Alright, for some reason my other computer does not like your blog. Everytime I tried to comment, the internet would crash! So, finally, I am posting to say that I am glad you are joining in on the challenge!

Brandon said...

I thought about joining in this challenge, but I'm not too big on war novels. However, I think I'll read "From Here to Eternity" or maybe "All Quiet on the Western Front" so I can be with you guys in spirit.