Monday, December 08, 2008

Falling Hopelessly Behind

My blog posts have become sadly infrequent (well, sadly for me at least, as I really enjoy posting here). This is for all the usual reasons of things both within and beyond my control. But now that reports are written and the long summer holiday is tantalizingly within reach, I'm determined to get back into it and once again crank up this delicious solitude.

I've got lots of Australian books to write about, including a couple of crime novels. I've also re-read and loved Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas after seeing a great documentary about Hunter S. Thompson. I'm hoping to write about The Architecture of Happiness, another Alain de Botton book that I'm finding fascinating, and as always, I'm enjoying a Margaret Atwood collection of stories, Good Bones.

But first up I've got to get out there and catch up on my blog reading which has also been sorely neglected. I'm sure you've all been far more diligent than me, and I have to hear about your reading.

Watch this space for more posts soon...

5 comments:

Kailana said...

I am glad you are going to be posting more! I have you on my bloglines, so I will be sure to visit. :)

jess said...

Thanks Kailana! It's nice to know someone's reading!

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back at your blog! Look forward to hearing about your recent reading.

jess said...

Thanks Sarah

Anonymous said...

Welcome back in the lit-blog world! Even if you didn't post, the most important is that you read great books!