Monday, March 05, 2007

Book Purchases

After a week on a school camp with a bunch of students, it was time for some seriously selfish activity on the weekend. So we drove to a nearby little town and combed through the second-hand bookshops. I finally found a second-hand copy of Charles Frazier's Cold Mountain. I've heard such good things about this book and I can't wait to read it- a good friend claims it as her favourite book ever.

I also picked up a copy of Reinaldo Arenas' autobiographical work, When Night Falls. I saw the film of this and found it interesting enough to want to read the book.

Lastly I found a cheap copy of Jake's Thing by Kingsley Amis. The plot sounds very seventies- college professor with sexual 'issues'- but I like Amis' writing so am willing to give it a go.

Now I just have to get around to writing about some of the books I've finished recently...

No comments: